Organic honey is honey which is produced by bees that are fed with organic material and are not exposed to pesticides or other chemicals. Organic honey is considered to be of higher quality than conventional honey, as it is produced without the use of chemicals and pesticides, and is thought to be more pure and natural. It is also considered to be better for the environment, as organic farming practices are known to be more sustainable and less harmful to the environment.
Facts about Honey
A tablespoon of honey contains 64 calories, 17.2 grams of sugar, and no fiber, fat, or protein. Its average pH level is slightly acidic, around 3.9, and research suggests that this acidity may prevent the growth of bacteria. The specific properties of honey may vary depending on the source of nectar. Honey does not expire when kept in an airtight container.
However it’s worth noting that organic honey may be more expensive than conventional honey due to the additional costs involved in organic farming and the certification process, but some people believe that it’s worth it for the benefits it provides to the environment and the quality of the product.
Advantages of Organic Honey
- No pesticides or chemicals: Organic honey is produced without the use of pesticides or other chemicals, which means it is purer and more natural than conventional honey.
- Better for the environment: Organic farming practices are known to be more sustainable and less harmful to the environment, so choosing organic honey supports environmentally friendly farming.
- Higher quality: Organic honey is considered to be of higher quality than conventional honey, as it is produced without the use of chemicals and pesticides.
- Supports bee health: Organic beekeeping practices prioritize the health of bees, which are important pollinators for many crops.
- Better taste: Some people may find organic honey to have a more complex and unique flavor than conventional honey.
- Healthier: Organic honey is not pasteurized, filtered or blended like most commercial honey, so it retains all its beneficial enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Traceability: Organic honey is certified and can be traced back to its origin, which gives you the assurance of knowing where your honey came from.
Overall, organic honey is an excellent choice for those who are concerned about the environment and the health benefits of the product. It is generally considered to be of higher quality and purity than conventional honey, but it may be more expensive due to the additional costs involved in organic farming and certification.
The nutritional content of Organic honey can vary depending on its origin and other factors. However, on average, a single tablespoon or 21 grams of raw honey contains 64 calories and 17 grams of sugar. Additionally, Organic honey contains small amounts of various micronutrients such as calcium, magnesium, manganese, niacin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin, and zinc. Organic honey has the potential to be used for both internal and topical treatments due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. The effectiveness of honey as an antibacterial or antifungal agent can vary depending on the specific type of honey.
DevBhumi Certified Organic Honey
8 Organic Honey Benefits for Health:
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties: Organic honey has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can help to fight off infections and promote healing.There are studies that suggest that consuming raw honey may be beneficial for seasonal allergies.
- Wound healing: The antibacterial properties of Organic honey can help to speed up the healing process of wounds, as well as preventing infections. A 2018 review of research discovered that honey possesses antimicrobial characteristics
- Sore throat relief: Consuming Organic honey can help to soothe a sore throat and alleviate symptoms of coughing. A study from 2016 proposed that the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of honey can be useful in treating a sore throat.
- Allergy relief: Some people find that consuming local Organic honey can help to reduce the severity of their seasonal allergies.
- Digestive health: Organic honey contains enzymes that can aid in digestion and may help to relieve symptoms of indigestion and constipation.
- Rich in antioxidants: Organic honey contains antioxidants that can help to protect the body against free radicals, which can cause cell damage.
- Boosting energy: Organic honey is a natural source of energy and can help to boost the body’s endurance and stamina.
- Nutritional value: Organic honey is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that can support overall health and well-being.
It’s worth noting that it’s always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your diet, especially if you have a medical condition.